ISO 45001:2018 Information
ISO 45001:2018 is an internationally recognised occupational, health and safety management system series standard. The standard may be used by all organisations regardless of size and type and is based on the principle “continuous improvement”.
In order to comply with the standard, the organisation must identify and evaluate health, environment and safety risks associated with its operation.
By getting certified or working according to the standard, health, environment and safety issues within the organisation will be identified. By addressing the identified issues, the organisation will be able to manage and improve its HSE performance.
Effective management of the work environment can provide advantages to the organisation’s customers and be advantageous towards competitors by:
- Minimising production delays
- Communicating the organisations willingness to have an effective health, environment and safety policy.
Other advantages of implementing the standard are that it ensures that the organisation may improve its effectiveness and ensure that rules and regulations are being followed.
It can also:
- Improve safety performance thus provide for improved business opportunities
- Reduce risk of delays caused by accidents
- Reduce insurance costs
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Be a tool for improvement of the organisations HSE performance
- Improve documentation of the work environment
- Reduce accidents and sick leave
- More involvement from employees in order to improve HSE processes